Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Building Mouse Guard gaming aids.



Well with me getting into the Mouse Guard RPG, I been building some gaming aids for the game. I started with a dice box. The goal of the project was to have a fun surface to roll dice in and to be able to set some mouse guard artwork on the table to inspire my players. When I play an RPG I always look at the GM screen to help me imagine the world that the game is about. So I used the excuse of the dice tray to add 8 photos from the game. I think it turn out really well in the end.

My next big project was to make a random event deck, the focus of this deck is to add a element of randomness to my games. There is large areas that separate the different mouse towns and cities and anything can happen when traveling from town to town. The deck is to help me out when I am unsure of what to add when I cant think of anything from the top of me head.





For anyone interested i posted my first 3 full sheets of cards here are the links.
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3


The last thing I have been making are tokens. I am planning to use them like models during conflicts so that players and me as the GM can remember and keep track on where everyone is in combat. Is also adds another visual element to the game. The discs themselves are some 1 and 1/2 inch round wood discs that i bought at Micheal's for 3.50 for 22 of them.  I think I am going to end up having to buy another bag or two.







So yeah I been having fun making game aids for the RPG. I don't think I will be able to start the RPG till after the holiday season but I am having fun making these game aids.

Happy Thanksgiving!

-Andrew Haught

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I know this is probably a really long shot given the date of the original blog post. However me and my gaming group at university have recently picked up MouseGuard and I stumbled across this page. The idea of the random event deck is great! If at all possible we'd really like to try using it, however the 1st and 3rd links no longer work (the 2nd one does though, for some reason).

    As I said, I know it's a long shot and I wasn't sure how else to contact you, but I was wondering if it was at all possible to get a hold of the card designs with your permission. Other than that really awesome work, and the tokens are simple but effective.

    ReplyDelete