Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Winter War Has Begun Anew.

During this Christmas break I took some time to focus on painting a whole new army. My winter Fins! I got the core the list done, for the most part. I still have to go and buy snow for the bases and get some artillery crew for my 2 artillery batteries but other then that my 1500 point list is Finnish-ed.

So here is the main list of what I am running VS Steven tonight. I am focusing mostly on infantry at the start then once I get some games in (And I finish painting) I will start throwing in some tanks.







Jaakarikomppania (Yay-ay-khar-ee)

HQ 35

Combat platoons

Jaakari  Platoon 175
-4 Jaakari Squads + Close-defence Rifle team

Jaakari  Platoon 135
-3 Jaakari Squads + Close-defence Rifle team

Jaakari  Platoon 135
-3 Jaakari Squads + Close-defence Rifle team

Weapons Platoons

Jaakari  Mortar Platoon 105
-3 Mortar teams

Jaakari  Tank-hunter platoon 120
-5 Close-defence Rifle teams

Jaakari  Tank-hunter platoon 120
-5 Close-defence Rifle teams

Support platoons

Artillery Battery 275
-4 76 K/02 Guns

Heavy Artillery Battery 400
-4 152 H/17 Guns

Total 1500 points







Here is a cool video I watched while painting up the Finnish army to get me inspired.



Steven has been painting his early war Soviets and we now have the perfect place to start our own winter war. Earlier we set up for our first game for tonight. Here are the set up photos. 












So Whats next? Well my goal is to have an Infantry army that I can play throughout the war. To that end I am now working on support platoons from both mid and late war lists so that I can use my army for any game that comes my way.





1 comment: