Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A war to end all wars



This week has brought me a lot of new toys to work on. I got both my WWI Great War armies and the beginnings of a US Half Track lists with some impressive tanks to back them up.

The only question was were to begin! As it is with getting too many projects all at once I was immediately struck with apathy. The enormous undertaking before me seemed to sap all the energy I had and I quickly felt the call of computer games to distract me from my looming projects.

After an hour of remembering that I am not really good at computer games I returned to my models. Turning on a book on tape, I started to open and organize my troops. I decided to build my WWI Germans first since I just wrote an article about them for the Flames of War website.  Dos Article!





(Above is an A7V source photo I used when painting my own that is to the right.)

I have already painted one of my tanks so it felt that I had a head start on my Germans so they seemed like a good starting place. Though I forgot to write down what colours I used, so I may have to play around with those till I find some good color matches.

With my task at hand I went forth and glued all my Germans together, it was a long task and I eat though about 10 or 12 chapters of my book on tape before I got to the end of construction. To my dismay though I found I was out of my baseing spackle (It was all dried out because I didn't seal the lid properly after the last time i used it... grrrr.)  So I only got as far as construction. Below you can see my progress. Next step is to spackle all my troops and then I can prime and paint. As soon as I get this basing project started it will go fast enough, but I suddenly feel like I could be good at computer games...


I was wrong, back to work...

1 comment:

  1. I have this collection on pre-order but I wonder how long it will take me to complete a platoon?
    cheers

    ReplyDelete